Dear readers. Seeing as it’s now the close of Annus Horriblis 2008, it’s time for a quick glance in the rearview mirror. Some places vote for Man or Woman of the Year. Others vote for Post of the Year. Still others vote for, um, Worst Banker of the Year. Or Most Spectacular Economic Collapse of the Year [we win! we win!].
Ahem. Here at the Weather Report, however, we’ve decided to go for … Googlie of the Year. We’ve picked our ten favourites [believe me, it was difficult] from the year 2008* and now, dear readers, it’s up to you to decide which googlie receives the coveted title: The Iceland Weather Report’s Googlie of the Year 2008!
Here are the nominees [complete with our old commentary]:
1. should no sex be announced when you first meet someone [West Memphis, Arkansas]
– Yes. Preferably using a loudspeaker.
2. stressed out penis pics (Isle of Wight, Virginia)
– chain smoking, perspiring, yelling at his wife penis…
3. how to take a picture of your own penis
– Point camera. Press shutter. Repeat if necessary. [Gawd. You’d think it was rocket science already.]
4. where penis goes in girl pictures
– somewhere, someplace, sex ed has gone horribly wrong.
5. pictures of penis in virginia of girl (from an undisclosed location in the USA)
– Somewhere, somehow, sex ed terminology … etc.
6. what is the effect of exposing your penis to a girl [Singapore]
– Surely someone has conducted a scientific study…
7. how to use the bathroom in the woods [Atlanta, Georgia]
– um … faen’ place. pull down pans. crowch. yous, er, bafroom. wipe wif leaf.
8. parents forced to walk children down the isle at graduation ceremonies [Nicaragua]
– … at gunpoint.
9. humming sound after flashing toilet [Sewell, NJ]
– weird. my toilet screams when I flash it.
10. before i enter her [Bronx, NY]
– … seek the advice of the Internet.
If you could kindly cast your votes in the comments below, that would be smashin’. Ta!
A GRAY AND GLOOMY DAY
It’s wery wery overcast and, quite frankly, rather dark out there. The kind of day when it’s a good idea to raise the Venetian blinds fully. Calm, though, and fairly mild – right now6°C [43F], sunrise was at 11.21 and sunset due for 3.38. Day getting longer!
* Mind you, in the last 2-3 months I sort of gave up trawling the site meter for googlies, seeing as they were more or less all for ‘iceland bankrupt’ or something equally uplifting – so these are from our previous googlie posts.